Hi Simon/ team,
As agreed with Ed Baker and Judith Marshall in March this year, we are moving the PSG website away from scratchpads to a new domain and software. We want to keep the username and passwords the same on both websites, so Ed said it would be possible to get a db dump of the usernames and passwords.
We are now ready with the new site, so please could the usrname/pwd dump be arranged? If the passwords are encrypted, we will need to know the encryption key for the new website.
I refer to issue 4775
This is really annoying. Pasting text from a Word document was not an issue up to some weeks ago. Why has it changed? Even if Ctr V works you loose every editing.
I would like to use the buttons as I did before.
I want to change the logo of my site to attached picture and I want to make it in the green area instead as a whole block not only small one like in the e Monocot website.
This concerns the main menu item entitled Classifications. When this tab is selected, four items appear in the side bar. This first, Anopheles classification, has three children, but they no longer appear when Anopheles classification is clicked. The three children (Subgenus Anopheles classification, Subgenus Cellia classification and Subgenus Nyssorhynchus classification) should appear below Anopheles classification when it is clicked, just as the subgenera of Culex appear when Culex classification is clicked. It appears that neither Anopheles classification or its children pages have URL path settings (URL alias), which have apparently been lost. I cannot correct this problem because I have no idea what URL aliases are for these four pages. Please correct or advise. Thanks
It is not possible to paste text into text boxes. When I click on the text box, the tabs for pasting text disappear and I can only manually type in new text.
Apparently there is a problem with the search algorithm. When I type "Persea will" into the search box, the entry is (apparently correctly) completed as "Persea willdenovii ". However, if I then click on search, it doesn't find the content. Instead, an error window appears with the
I downloaded taxon description imp/exp file, with one prefilled species. In my site I have enabled another language (Estonian).
There is column Media (Filename), that is populated with value "Sedge Warbler | Sedge Warbler". It is English name of the species, used as a title of photo. In GUI there is no place to add title of photo in multiple languages.
Here the question is, if the title of the column Media (filename) is correct or it should be Media (file title)
The thumbnails of uploaded videos are not showing. Only a small "videoclip"-icon.
Use case: Open list of specimens. Open 10th specimen. Need to see next one, ie. 11th. Currently need to go back to list view, recall what was the last number and open next one manually.
Expected: While on the record, I would like to be able to go to next or previous record, not return to the list.
The same behaviour expected while editing record: for example, there could be button "Save and open next"
Creating a new taxon description is painfully slow. It takes 10 seconds for popup to appear, 6 seconds to select a region on Google map and so on. Often browser timeouts and gives an AJAX error. Windows machine, though generally less powerful and much slower is lightning fast compaterd to Macbook Pro (MacOS 10.10.5)
When I click to any of my pages (except Home and Species), I always get Error: The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later. It started wit a page How to Cite a week ago, and now all my pages do the same thing. I did not apply to the Scratchpads last year, and realized such mistake only recently when my colleagues reported it to me.
When I click on "Save" after having edited the information on a name in my taxonomy, it takes a while and then the following error message appears:
An AJAX HTTP error occurred
An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 500
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: Internal Server Error
Apparently the information has been saved, though.
I am increasingly getting bogus registrations on my site ( about 2-4 per week), of people that are evidently not scientists, but who give bogus names, silly addresses and doubtful credentials. Can you think of a way of avoiding that? Deleting these is not much work, but it is a rather annoying. One consideration, however, is that if they are evidently bogus they are easier to just delete than if they are compelled to add actual University addresses. Cheers, Lukas.
Several links on the website are not found on the server.
- pictures do not show up: http://www.taxonomytraining.eu/content/training-providers-2014-2015
- links to course description in table do not work: http://www.taxonomytraining.eu/content/expert-training-2014-2015
This has been an issue for some time and I thought I saw someone else post this, yet the problem persists.
When you upload an image and link it to a species, two thumbnails of it appear in the media window.
Allow changing the 'Dataset citation provided by publisher' and 'Default Citation'.
The dwcarchiver module should notify GBIF when a DwC-A is rebuilt. We will also need to ensure that a cached version of the archive is removed from Varnish.
Submitting a translated term gives a 404 error on localize.scratchpads.eu, or API key not found