It is impossible to add Collector information without creating a new record other than through import. I do not want to spam my People module with thousands of unnecessary names. Collectors codes in zoological taxonomy are not needed, there are a magnitude more zoologist collectors then botanists.
Collector (COPY) field should allow free input of text for this cases
There topics are not available anymore
I have tried to customize my grid for managing image. But Now, the grid show no informations.
What I make wrong? This to know what I can do or not for future.
Please could you restore the normal grid view for the images? This will be the simple option and also usefull for me.
Thank you for your help
- http://killerwhales.myspecies.info returns a blank page;
- It is configured (in all relevant places - vhost.d/killwerwhales, drush settings and the aegir database) to use
- The last run verify (http://get.scratchpads.eu/node/15237 ; 12th of march) and migration (http://get.scratchpads.eu/node/16426 ; 3rd of march ) show it using msq-scratchpads-02.
- There is no killerwahles database on msq-scratchpads-02;
- There is no backup for killerwhales in /var/backups/scratchpad_database/msq-scratchpads-02;
- There is a killerwhales database on msq-scratchpads;
- There are backups for killerwhales db in /var/backups/scratchpad_database/msq-scratchpads.
The two don't add up - aegir suggests that the site used to be hosted in msq-scratchpads-02; but nothing else suggests that this database ever existed there.
It is hard to tell how old the database on msq-scratchpads is; however the oldest content in it dates from the 12th of march. This happens to be the date of the 2.4 release. It could be that the site was moved to msq-scratchpads-02 when it was migrated for that release; and so the database we have is the one from before that (this would be consistent with the fact that some of the 2.4.0 updates had not been applied to the database in msq-scratchapds).
For now, given that the database on msq-scratchpads is the only one we have, I have manually updated the configurations to point to that one. The site back, though content may be missing. I'm setting this issue to urgent.
A new user has registered for Weevil Info ('Braham'). I am going to allow him access. However, although his names and institution are visible on the 'View' tab, when I open the 'Edit' tab to unblock him and assign him a status the name and institution fields are empty, and I am not able to save the record without completing them again. The behaviour is the same with Firefox and IE.
I have added several references to my biblio on the site but only five is shown on the Literature tabs.
But in the content>biblio there are all there (15 references) and all are published too.
Please could you check this point?
Issue created by email from Ulf Jondelius (maintainer of http://acoela.myspecies.info/):
I have a simple question that I have not been able to solve. How do you export specimen data to a csv or Excel file after a search, e.g when searching for all specimens from a specific country? This was very easy in Scratchpads 1.0, as we had a table available right below our “taxon map”. How is it done in 2,0.?
Biblio import stopped when importing ~ 17,000 records. I cut out imported records and tried to re-import the file, but it stops with an error after parsing stage. Several attempts were made with the same result
Is is possible to edit the names of authors of publications once for all their publications, in such a way that they are shown in a particular form?
1. The author Christian Gottfried Daniel Nees von Esenbeck is now shown as "von Esenbeck, CGottf". He should be shown as "Nees von Esenbeck, CGD".
2. The author "Pedro Luis Rodrigues de Moraes" wants to be shown as "Moraes, PLR de". He is now shown as "de Moraes, PLRodrigu"
I think any algorithm, however smart it was programmed, cannot possibly know how an author would like to be cited.
I have a taxonomy with the term Aivalykus which has now 2 childs.
I would like to move the child Acterbergia to trasform it as a true genus between Acanthorhogas and Afrospathius.
In the taxonomy editor http://doryctinaekey.myspecies.info/taxonomy/term/163#overlay=admin/structure/taxonomy/doryctinae
I corredtly drag and drop the child to its right place. There is no other button to validate this so I click on the upper right cross to quit the editor.
But once the main page is refreshed, the term Achterbergia is still remain as child of Aivalykus :-(
Could you help me, please?
Has aggregation of specimen records been implemented yet? (Part of Feature #2461). Aggregation of speciemns is not happening on our site as far as I can see and it would be a usefull feature to have.
The Gallery Tab. As of this afternoon the list of facets in the right menu bar displays two new facets placed above the facet "Gallery" pushing our links to customized galleries way down on the menu. The two new facets display identical lists of taxonomic terms from our taxonomies. If this is a permanent solution, how do I remove or move the two new facets? I think it is much easier to use the normal "Search" if you are looking for media tagged with a taxonomic term.
The issues described here are different from bug #4078 so I have created a separate ticket. Feel free to combine them if you wish.
1. Images are not aggregated to all levels of the taxonomic tree (taxon pages). On our site images tagged with a species are aggregated to maximum five levels (Species, Genus, Family, Order and Class). For example "Canis lupus". Images tagged with this species are aggregated until (and including) the class "Mammalia", while the term above (the phylum "Chordata") does not aggregate any images at all that are tagged with a species. http://ethoikos.myspecies.info/fauna-checklist-la-selva/canis-lupus
2. Images are not aggregated consistently. The Class "Aves" is without images even if images are tagged with bird species from the taxon tree. Other Class taxon pages displays aggregated images. Example: http://ethoikos.myspecies.info/fauna-checklist-la-selva/falco-tinnunculus
On the new site I started, I can't log in. And I need to request a new password each time.
Once I setup a new password, log out and retry to log in with the new one but this fail again.
The only solution for the moment is to request a new password each time I wish to work inside the site. Not very userfriendly ;-)
Could you help me to fix this issue?
Sorry it is me again.
After to have enabled the species page I show a weird display.
At the high level (familly) http://insectafgseag.myspecies.info/taxonomy/term/11942/media
in the media tab, all the photos are diplayed in triplicate
At the level of subfamily and the genus, all photos are displayed in duplicate
At the level of species, all is ok in the media tab.
Please could you fix this weird situation?
Thank you very much!!
Using the import template to update the description field of several image on my site, I have one isue.
After importing the excel file (all fields have been filled correctly), I see that the new data I put in the description field are show as plain text (all html codes are visibles like here http://insectafgseag.myspecies.info/gallery?f0=im_field_smg_galleries%3A1416).
This is also the case for all the old description related to previous photos still on the site. They were correctly dispalyed previsously but the export in the template excel fiel and the reimport of this excel fil make the problem visible now.
To show correctly the text, I need to edit each photos and only save them. And then all is ok in the description field.
I have begin to do that manually but it is very time consuming to review all the photos.
Is it possible to fix this issue in one pass for all the description field for all the photos?
slickgrid text showing up in Chinese
I have started a new site as character project http://doryctinaekey.myspecies.info/
I would like to turn on the module for characters editor and latter to create taxon pages.
But following the HELP suggestions, I can't find the Scratchpad Tools in the suggested place http://help.scratchpads.eu/w/Add_a_character_project.
Please could you help me?